Physiotherapy benefits following hip fractures
A recent report “ Getting right, first time’ which followed up a report completed in 2012 found that 50% of those who sustained a hip fracture did not return to their former level of mobility.
Importance of getting rehab
- To reduce pain by normalizing range of movement.
- To gain advice or what you should/ shouldn’t be doing.
- To improve muscle strength and motor control of the muscles around the hip
- To improve gait pattern.
- To look at tasks such as getting in and out of bed, getting upstairs or walking outside.
- To improve independence and reduced likelihood of hospital readmission.
If you would like further physio input why not book in for a couple of sessions to supplement your NHS treatment? £40 for an initial assessment and £30 for any follow ups.